Thursday, September 26, 2013

I'm on a BOAT And It's Going FAST And...


Lesson X- Boat cruise edition

So no class today, but the entire basic cuisine and patisserie class was brought onto a bateau mouche lunch cruise along the River Seine. This is supposed to be a regular tradition in Cordon Bleu, and people in the past have had a lot of fun. Frankly I had such low expectations because bateau mouches are reputably such tourist traps. Surprisingly the food was really good not bad, definitely defied expectations, and we all had a real good time. I think the magical ingredient in this meal is the ample amount of wine they served us. Point is the weather was nice and everyone was happy.

 Chef Bogen giving a speech in both English and French

It was so weird to see everyone from school not in uniform. You mean people in this school actually look normal in real life?

Group I with Chef Bogen
More Group I love


The trip was very lovely, and we all were so sad when it ended at 3. but don't worry, there were so many after parties all over town. Our group went to Montmartre.

I have to admit that I was a bit disappointed today because I expected more chefs to be present on the cruise. It turned out only Chef Bogen from cuisine, and I think Chefs Quéré and Mahut from pastry were on the boat. It would have been great to talk to more chefs outside of a classroom and get to know them on a personal level and to know their stories. Maybe next time.

Cheers!

Quote from this class:
Chef Bogen (end of speech): I hope that everyone will have fun today!
Students: OUI CHEF! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment