Thursday, October 17, 2013

Grandma's cookin breakfast she makes pancakes the best.

Every day I see my dream.
 Every day I see my-every day I see my dream. 
Every day I see my dream. 
(LMFAO - YES)

Lesson 21- A typical Bistrot Menu

Our dish today is Côtes de Veau Grand-mère- Grandma Style Veal Chops.


Veal Chops

The veal chop was sautéed in a fairly simply, though it was hard to get right because you had to cook it for a long time to get the thick piece of meat cooked, but you can't leave it on the pan for too long or the skin will burn. The trick is to sauté the meat with its trimmings. Once the skin is colored you put the veal on top of its own trimmings to keep on cooking without being burnt. The trimmings also serve to flavor the sauce later.

Façon Grand-mère, Grandma style, just describes the mix of garnishes that we serve the veal with: glazed onions, sautéed bacon cubes, button mushrooms and lightly fried potatoes.

Quote of the class:
"Always taste your mussels because you don't want anyone to die from your food. If the mussel's gone bad, you will die first as the taster"
-Demo Chef Bogen, 
while teaching us how to prepare mussels (which we didn't make in practical)


No comments:

Post a Comment